You have probably already heard a bit about the healing power of massages, not only for your physical health but also for your mental health. Well, your face is no exception. Knowing how to use of a jade roller is one way of getting this job done.
Jade rollers, which have recently grown in popularity, are tools that made of stone. Whilst the material they are made from can be other than jade, their usage is the same.
Why are Jade Rollers so Popular
Before trying to figure out how to use a jade roller, you should first know what it is and why Jade Rollers became so popular.
Jade Roller History
Jade massage rollers were utilised for centuries, dating back to ancient China. It was deemed to be a treatment only deserved for the most fortunate members of society. Today, they come in the form of a handle with a small smooth round jade attached. However, most rollers include two jades, one being slightly larger than the other. This is mainly to improve its ease of use.
Jade rollers are believed to have an anti-ageing effect on the skin.
Benefits of using a Jade Roller
If you know how to use a jade roller correctly, consistent use has been shown to reduce dark circles, under-eye bags, swelling, and more. This technique is effective because the massage done by the jade places pressure on the lymph nodes.
The jade drains any extra fluid out and as a result, you are left with improved circulation, which reduces puffiness. Furthermore, massaging your face can significantly reduce tension and add a natural glow to your face. I’m sure you’re now eager to learn how to use it.
How to use the Jade Roller
So, now that you know what a jade roller is and its benefits, here are some tips to ensure that you benefit from it:
- How to use a jade roller on the jawline and cheeks. You will need to use the larger jade in the roller. In a vertical motion, apply a gentle back-and-forth pressure around your jawline. Afterwards, slowly roll your way up to your cheeks and towards your ear. Then, repeat for the other side.
- Using a jade roller on your forehead: Similar to your jawline and cheeks, your forehead will require a larger jade. Again, gently roll the jade in a vertical motion, making sure you cover all parts of your forehead.
- How to use a jade roller on your eyes: For the eyes, make sure you use the smaller of the two jades. This will enable you to reach places that you probably wouldn’t be able to reach with the larger jade. Once you have positioned the jade, slowly massage in a horizontal motion until you reach your temple. Repeat for the other eye. Then, close your eyes and roll in the same motion over your eye-lid.
- How to use a jade roller on your eyebrows: In a similar manner as your eye massage, roll the smaller jade sideways, in a horizontal motion. Then, repeat for the other eyebrow.
- Using a jade roller on your nose: Similar to massaging your eyes, massaging your nose calls for the smaller jade in the roller. Again, slowly roll the jade in a horizontal motion up and down your nose and above your lips.
- How to use the tool in general: For best results, use the massager twice every day consistently. Also, you should massage each area of your face or neck for about 30-45 seconds
Bear in mind that over-massaging, or placing too much pressure on your lymph nodes, can be counter-productive. For this reason, you should apply the pressure gently and slowly for maximum benefit. Furthermore, you can also prepare your skin for a rolling session by washing your face thoroughly then applying moisturiser.
Choose the Right Jade Roller for you
You now know how to use a jade roller and its potential benefits, so what now? Below are some of the popular and effective jade rollers so you can choose the one for you:
ETHONS Jade Roller & Gua Sha 2 in 1
This Jade roller is considered to be of PREMIUM QUALITY and offer a SMOOTH ROLLING. It is advertised as being tested for durability, which provides you with peace of mind.
Original Jade Roller and Gua Sha Set
This Jade Roller is built from a hard, stainless steel integrated frame (all one piece, no glued bits) and two tiny “wheels” that turns your roller smoothly and without a sound. It is made from 100% REAL pure Dongling Jade from Brazil, which is deep green in colour and clear!
It is promised that using this Jade Roller as a part of your daily routine will diminish wrinkles, fine lines, puffiness, and bloating; it works to improve blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
Premium Certified Jade Roller for Skin Care – 100% Natural Jade Stone
This very affordable jade roller is made of natural, premium quality and real jade stone. It is deemed to be perfect for bags under eyes and establishing a younger looking skin.
Like other more expensive Jade Rollers it comes with a smaller roller that is easier to plot around your eyes, nose, and mouth. The broader head for bigger Jade Roller can cover areas like your forehead, cheeks, and neck.
For further instructions have a look at this video: